In recent times, purchasing a television has become a difficult job as there are multiple television brands to choose from and integrated with different features, audio, and video quality. Looking at every key aspect and then finalizing the right one can be a daunting and confusing task for many homeowners. Visiting a local store can confuse you a lot. But we can help you out in making the right decision. Even you don’t have to step out, following the right buying guideline can make your shopping experience easier and smooth.
If you are someone who is looking for the best and branded television, then you have come to the right place. We have listed up the top twelve television, and depending on your requirements and budget, you can choose one that will suit your lifestyle as well. We believe that televisions are a long-term investment and before you pick one, you should have knowledge of every field. But most importantly, if you have any doubts, post your query in the comment section and we will try to answer them ASAP!
So, let’s dig in and start exploring Home Improvement!!
Television Brands available in India 1. Sony Bravia 49-inch 4K Android LED TV 2. Samsung 50-inch 4K LED Smart TV 3. MI LED Android TV 4A PRO 43-inches Full HD 4. TCL 43 inches 4K UHD Certified Android Smart LED TV 43P8 5. Panasonic 43 inches 4K Ultra HD LED Smart TV 6. Micromax 43 inch Full HD LED TV 7. LG 55-inches 4K UHD Smart LED TV 55UN7290PTD 8. BPL 139 cm 4K Ultra HD Official Android LED Smart TV 9. Sanyo 32-inch HD Ready LED Smart TV 10. Toshiba 80 cm HD Ready LED TV 11. Philips 139 cm 6100 Series 4K LED Smart TV 12. Vu 43 inches Android Full Ultra HD LED TV Television Buying Guidelines I. Display II. Choose TV Resolution III. TV Screen Size IV. Operating System V. Connectivity VI. Refresh Rate VII. Video Features VIII. Sound Quality IX. Have a Look at Some Unique Features of TVs Frequently Asked Questions 1.Which is the Ideal Distancing for TV Viewing? 2.What is Curved TV? 3.What is the Use of HDMI Ports? 4.What are the Smart Features of a Smart TV? 5.Is It Ok to Purchase TV Online? Conclusion !
Television Brands available in India
Sony is one of the oldest companies and has worldwide popularity because of its range of electronic devices. Sony TVs are well-known for having excellent motion handling and color accuracy. All the TVs are well built, and a quality control feature makes this brand distinct from others.
We recently reviewed this 4K Android LED TV that comes with a 49-inch widescreen, one of the best models available in India in 2020. This android smart TV delivers a thrilling entertainment experience, making your daily boring life full of entertainment.
- 4K Ultra HD (3840x2160) with Refresh Rate 50 hertz - 4K X-Reality PRO with 4K HDR - TRILUMINOS Display lets you enjoy extra color and brilliance - Sound: 20 Watts Output - Come with Bass reflex speaker that will give you a clear and rich sound experience - One-year manufacturer warranty
- Excellent image and sound quality
- Come with smart features, that give you the access of all the apps available on Google Play
- No hassles of managing cables, keep the cables arranged across the back of the TV and channeled into the stand
- Costly, compared to other TVs
Samsung is one of the biggest electronics companies worldwide. Besides delivering excellent televisions, they offer other electronic gadgets too. This 4k LED smart TV is the perfect dimension to your living room. Enjoy ultra-clear pictures with real-world colors. Connect this with the internet and cherish all your favorite shows and movies by pressing a simple remote button.
- 4K Ultra HD (3840 x 2160) with Refresh Rate 60 hertz - Sound - 20 Watts Output - Compatible with 4K HDR - Sleek and smooth display design, A+ Grade LED Panel - Two HDMI ports and one USB port - One-year comprehensive warranty and 1-year additional warranty on Panel
- Deliver highest quality pictures and theatre-like sound experience
- Built-in WiFi, and you can easily access Netflix, Amazon Prime, and other apps
- Exclusive choice and value for money
- Do not support Bluetooth technology
- Does not have QLED technology
Experience superior quality picture and astounding audio in this latest 4A PRO LED TV by Mi. Their sleek and smooth design enhances the look of your overall aesthetics in a unique way. Mi has taken a huge place in the market of electronic appliances and smart tech featured television is one of them.
If you are looking for the simplest, easiest, and an affordable way of watching your favorite show, this android TV can be a great choice. The main attraction of this device is it comes with popular apps Netflix, Prime Video, Disney+Hotstar, YouTube, Zee5, and more.
- Full HD (1920x1080) with Refresh Rate 60 hertz - 3 HDMI ports and 3 USB ports - Built-In Wi-Fi - PatchWall Android OS enabled smart TV - Accessible using your phone hotspot - Search your favorite shows using Google Home Assistant - Comes with a powerful 64-bit A53 Quad-core processor coupled with 1GB of RAM and 8 GB of internal storage - 1-year warranty on product and 1 year extra on Panel
- Google voice search offers you smooth operation
- Full HD Display offers excellent picture quality
- Sound system requires improvement
Looking for the best TV display that offers an incredible level of color fidelity along with excellent sound quality for truly entertaining viewing? This TCL android smart TV is a great choice, will fulfill all your entertainment desires and available at a cost-effective price.
- 4K Ultra HD (3860 x 2160) with Refresh Rate 60 hertz - 2 HDMI ports and 1 USB ports - AI Picture Engine improves the brightness and contrast of the picture - AI Voice Interaction, speak into the microphone of your remote control and get the access of all your shows - AI Sound Engine improves the sound quality - 18 months manufacturer warranty
- Compatibility with a range of entertainment apps
- Incredible sound and picture quality
- Compatible with Bluetooth but can’t play any content from your mobile device
If you want to enjoy your cinema content as you are in the movie theatre, then Panasonic televisions are a great choice to go for. This company is one of the largest consumer electronics manufacturers, popular for delivering quality products at an affordable price. One of the most trustworthy and reliable brands you can rely on. Panasonic TVs rank amongst the highest selling HD LED TVs in India. This ultra HD LED smart TV is a perfect choice to create the perfect entertaining mood. Make this Panasonic TV a part of your home and keep yourself alive by enjoying excellent video content.
- 4K Ultra HD (3840x2160) - 2 HDMI ports and 2 USB port - IPS Super Bright Panel offers high light transmittance and a wide viewing angle - Vivid Digital Pro improves brightness and sharpens images - Home theatre inbuilt that enhances the sound pressure and delivers robust bass
- Can be connected to a device, such as a digital camera and external storage, via a USB interface
- Built-in Wi-Fi and compatible with different apps such as Netflix, Amazon Prime, YouTube, and many more
- Sound quality is poor compared to other branded televisions
Besides having an excellent video and audio quality, if you wish to have an ultimate gaming experience, then this Micromax HD LED TV is the best option to go for. Excellent features and affordability make them a unique yet versatile choice. One of the best things about these Micromax televisions is that they are user friendly. Make this idiot box a part of your living room and enjoy ultimate viewing efficiency.
- Full HD (1920x1080) with Refresh Rate 60 hertz - 2 HDMI ports and 2 USB ports - Full High Definition display feature with excellent picture quality and dynamic visuals - 24w Sound Output - OSD Games for the ultimate gaming experience - Inbuilt Box Speakers
- Have the option of power-saving mode
- Enjoy games on your television
- High-quality features
- No color options for available models
LG is popular for one of the oldest television manufacturing brands that offer excellence and quality products. This smart LED TV by LG is leading the market because of its fascinating features. This device may cost a little extra but will help you to get the perfect entertainment mood.
- 4K Ultra HD (3840x2160) with Refresh Rate 50 hertz - 4K IPS Display offers excellent image quality - 3 HDMI ports and 2 USB ports
- Smart TV features like AI ThinQ
- DTS Virtual:X adds dimension to the sound
- Connect your Apple devices to your TV to play videos, music, photos, and other content
- Connect with Google Assistant and Alexa to enhance the TV viewing experience
- crystal-clear pictures (because of 4K Active HDR) and high-quality sound
- Lightweight and has a metallic design
- Alexa and Google Assistant services
- Have to buy the magic remote separately
Enjoy your smartphone experience on your television with this excellent featured BPL ultra HD smart TV. This android TV comes with Google Play Store that enables you to operate your favorite apps on the big screen.
- 4K Ultra HD (3840x2160) with Refresh Rate 60 hertz - Total 5 ports - With built-in Chromecast, stream your favorite show on the big widescreen - Comes with dual remote - Regular TV remote and Bluetooth remote with Google Voice Assistant
- Smart TV features that allow you to access hundreds of apps
- Price is an attraction
- Enjoy Google Assistant services
- The sound quality could have been better
This Japanese manufacturing brand has taken a huge place in the Indian market for providing a quality product and unique craftsmanship. Their range of android smart TVs will offer you a better viewing experience along with the high-quality sound. Available in six screen-size options from 32 inches to 65 inches, but if you are looking for a cost-effective option, then 32-inch smart LED TV is your go-to option (get them under Rs 12000). The sleek and smooth design can help to transform your aesthetics in a dramatic way. However, it comes with some unique features to qualify as a Smart TV.
- HD Ready (1366x768) with Refresh Rate 60 hertz - Available 4 ports (2 HDMI and 2 USB) - 20 watts output with Dolby Digital - Google certified and comes with the latest operating system Android Pie 9.0 - Chromecast Built-In, stream content from Android, iOS, Mac, Windows, or Chromebook straight to your big screen - Enjoy ultimate gaming experience - Comes with Android TV Play Store - One-year manufacturer warranty
- IPS HD Ready Panel for an excellent viewing experience
- Value for money
- Access of all the essential apps
- Issues with software
- Google Photos App is not available
If you are looking for a wide clear television screen, then this Toshiba LED TV is a great choice, a reputed branded TV that is available at budget prices, making it one of the best 32-inch HD Ready LED TVs in India.
- HD Ready (1366 x 768) with Refresh Rate 100 Hertz - Only 2 ports are available - High-Definition Quality, LED Backlight, enhance your television viewing experience - CEVO Engine that works amazingly on the scenes, contrast, saturation, and colors - Football and Game Mode, watch football tournaments with crystal-clear screen - Continuous Viewing Timer that ensures that your eyes are protected from the harm caused by continual hours of watching
- Excellent display with good quality sound
- Reasonably priced
- Easy to install
- Not an HD TV, but an HD Ready TV
Philips is one of the oldest brands which is popular for its unique craftsmanship and putting quality to their high-range products. Philips TV is also one of those versatile and tech-featured products which offer good picture quality and better contrast than other branded televisions. This 4K LED TV will change your viewing experience to the next level. The ultimate features are the main reasons for buying this widescreen television.
- 4K (Resolution: 3840x2160) with Refresh Rate 60 hertz - Total 5 ports - Saphi operating system offers excellent picture quality - Pixel Precise Ultra HD that converts any input picture into stunning UHD resolution - 2-years manufacturing warranty
- Sleek and smooth design
- Experience the best picture quality
- Easy to use
- Sound system needs improvement
Vu TVs are popular for their extreme versatility and affordability. This 43 inches HD Ultra Android LED TV will make your viewing experience incredible and efficient. So, get this TV home and enjoy functional elegance and smart connectivity, an excellent choice for effortless entertainment.
- Full HD (1920 X 1080p) with Refresh Rate 60 Hz - Four ports (2 HDMI and 2 USB) - A+ Grade LED Panel with High Brightness - Android Pie 9.0 - DTS Surround Sound ensures a theatre-like experience - MPEG Noise Reduction reduces picture noise and improves the clarity of the images - 8GB storage allows you to download and store movies
- Pre-installed apps enhance your viewing experience
- Worth of investment
- Astounding picture and sound quality
- Voice Search option is not available
- Screen mirroring issues
Television Buying Guidelines
Shopping for television might sound easy and simple but in reality, this job involves multiple factors before you make the final decision. To make your shopping experience better and easier, we have listed the top key elements which you need to consider before you get one.
I. Display :
One of the most important aspects of television is its display. There are different display options available for you to select from –
- LED – The first LED TV was made of cold cathode fluorescent light. In the recent market, all the LCD TVs are LED, popular for consuming less energy, and depending on the number of LEDs used, you can enhance the brightness and contrast of the image.
- OLED – Organic light-emitting diode or OLED is popular for lighting up the individual pixels instead of the entire screen. OLEDs help to light up 1000 times faster than the normal LEDs, allowing you to enjoy great quality images.
- QLED – When you add a layer of quantum dots behind the LCD matrix of a LED or mini LED TV, then that TV will be called as QLED. These QLED TVs enhance the display experience by increasing brightness and color.
- Nano Cell – This technology uses particles that grip the unwanted light wavelengths and increase the capacity of red and green colors on the TV screen display.
II. Choose TV Resolution :
Resolution is the number of pixels that create an image in a television display, the greater number of pixels, the better-quality image you enjoy. Higher resolution TVs are always the best. Check out all the resolutions and get the one as per your choice or requirement.
- A resolution of 1920 x 1080 is the most popular and common resolution found in the standard TVs. Cost-effective and offer excellent pictures.
- 4K resolutions have pixels of more than 4 times that are around 3840 x 2160 pixels, better than HDTV. This resolution helps you to notice a small object on the screen with more details. There is a difference between 4K and 4K UHD. Ultra High Definition has the resolution of 3840 x 2160 and the 4K has the resolution of 4096 x 2160
- 8K resolutions TVs are the most popular and trendy in the recent market, offer amazing high-quality images.
III. TV Screen Size :
Another big aspect to consider. TVs are always measured diagonally. For example – for a 42-inch screen, the measurement runs from one corner of the set to the opposite corner. There is a misconception that having a bigger screen means to have a better view. But there are various factors that determine the size of the TV which include – the size of the room, the distance between the viewer and the smart TV, and the resolution of the TV.
High resolution lets the viewer sit at closer proximity, which means you can opt for a smaller size TV while a smaller screen is perfect for lower resolution. Check out the below chart which shows you the best distance for your screen size.
IV. Operating System :
Here are some of the operating systems currently available in the market that impact a lot on the viewing experience.
- Android – This is one of the most common OS used in most of the TVs. This helps your screen to access various apps such as Netflix, Amazon Prime, and link to the Google Play Store as well. This also lets you connect your smartphone or tablet with the TV screen.
- Roku TV – Connect an HDTV antenna to Roku TV to enjoy Electronic Program Guide. Enjoy popular apps on this TV and get access to customizing all your favorite shows.
- WebOS – Simple, user-friendly interface, and compatible with Bluetooth. Find all the apps and settings on the bar, and you can customize the bar to arrange the apps. The most exciting thing is you can pause content in a particular app, and use another app easily.
- Tizen OS – The Linux Foundation has developed the TizenOS. You will find this OS on Samsung TVs. Easy to navigate, convenient layout, and unpaid channels. But these are not so popular like other OS and limited app options as well.
- Home OS – By opting for this OS, you can add pins and folders to the platform which means you can customize the layout as per your needs. App provision is good and user-friendly as well.
V. Connectivity :
- USB Port – Connect your drives, dongles, and hard discs.
- Bluetooth – Other devices can be connected to smart TV without using a wire.
- Wi-Fi – Built-in Wifi allows the TV to connect with the internet (wireless connection).
VI. Refresh Rate :
The refresh rate is the number of times per second the picture is ‘redrawn’, measured by Hertz. There are different refresh rates – 50Hz., 60Hz., 120 Hz., 240 Hz., 480 Hz., and many. But we suggest sticking to 60 Hz or 120 Hz refresh rate.
VII. Video Features :
- Contrast Ratio – It is the difference between the brightest image a television can create and the darkest.
white / black = contrast ratiohow to calculate ratio?
- Panel Type – There are two types of panels used in TV – In-Plane Switching (IPS) and Vertical Alignment (VA). IPS is designed to solve the limitations of the twisted nematic field effect and VA is popular for having the best contrast and image depth.
- Aspect Ratio – It is the ratio of width and height of your TV screen.
- View Angle – It is defined as the maximum angle at which a display can be viewed without losing brightness or color.
- Picture Engine – These are responsible for increasing the pixel count while ensuring clearer and quality pictures. Different types of picture engines include – X Reality Pro Engine, Triple XD Engine, 3D HyperReal Engine, and 4K Fine Remaster Engine.
- Motion Rate – It is the twice refresh rate, found in 4K and 8K TVs.
- HDR Technology – High Dynamic Range, a new standard for Ultra HD televisions. This technology enhances the viewing experience by keeping the original image quality. There are different formats of this technology – HDR 10, HDR 10+, Dolby Vision, HLG, and IMAX Enhanced.
VIII. Sound Quality :
When you are looking for the best TV, sound quality should be your first priority. For a better viewing experience, both visuals and sound system need to be excellent. When checking for better sound quality, look for sound wattage offered by the particular television.
Higher the wattage, louder the sound.
There are many who opt for TVs with Dolby Digital sound systems for enhanced sound quality. You can opt for a digital theatre system as well.
IX. Have a Look at Some Unique Features of TVs :
- Advanced Sports Mode – Opting for this mode will enhance the contrast, brightness, and color, to make sports look excellent.
- Analog Clean View – It prevents unwanted noise to affect the image quality.
- DLNA – DLNA Media Streaming and Mirroring lets streaming of HD Videos, Audio Files, and Images on to DLNA featured Smart TVs.
- Voice Recognition – It allows you to control your TV using multiple commands such as – ‘Channel up/down’ or ‘Volume up/down’. You can search for content as well.
- Bluetooth Low Energy – It is a wireless technology that lowers power consumption.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which is the Ideal Distancing for TV Viewing?
It should be at least 5 times the TV screen size. For example – if your TV is 32 inches wide, then the optimal viewing distance will be 160 inches (13 feet).
What is Curved TV?
There are different types of TVs available such as – CRT Televisions, LCD, LED, Plasma Screens, and Curved screens.
The modern curved TV screens come in 43 inches or above, offer an IMAX like the effect but you have to sit straight for a better viewing experience.
What is the Use of HDMI Ports?
HDMI ports are used to transfer a high-quality audio and video signal. It is often used to connect your television with a DVD player, computer, and audio system. Your TV can have more than 1 HDMI port.
What are the Smart Features of a Smart TV?
Smart TVs are a blessing for modern home décor. These televisions help us to enjoy all the benefits of a better viewing experience. While looking for a smart TV make sure it includes all the unique features like – Alexa and Google Home compatible, Android featured, can be connected with Bluetooth, File Browsing facility, and screencasting (allows you to mirror your mobile device’s content to your TV screen).
Is It Ok to Purchase TV Online?
Yes, you can easily find one that will suit your style and budget that too without stepping out. Safe and secure process.
These are the top-selling and best TV brands in India which are built with modern technology and innovation. Don’t forget to check all the essential factors before getting the perfect TV. Before taking the final decision make sure, the device offers impressive sound, display, and runs on a smooth Android operating system. Feel free to comment below all your doubts and queries!
Recommended for you !
- Best Fitness Tracker for Weight Loss India 2021Reading Time: 4 minutes Latest Reviews of Best Fitness Tracker for Weight Loss India In recent times, there is no doubt that people are more aware of physical exercise in order to keep themselves maintained and fit. There are many who use wearable devices for a healthy lifestyle. Wearable technology is transforming the way we monitor health conditions. Smart
- Infinity (JBL) Sonic B200WL: Best Bluetooth SoundbarReading Time: 3 minutes Enjoy Music everywhere with the latest portable wireless Bluetooth Infinity JBL Sonic B200WL Soundbar under 9000 only ! Best Bluetooth Soundbar Infinity JBL Sonic B200WL in India Soundbars have always been an easy way to upgrade your TV’s audio to the next level. They are easy to install and eliminate the power cable or frustrating
- Best 32 Inch HD Ready TV India Under 10000Reading Time: 3 minutes Buy 32 Inch Smart TV Latest Model In this modern era, digital assistants penetrated our homes in the form of smart displays. With a smart display, you can efficiently enjoy your favorite movie clips, music, video content, and many more. Modern televisions are highly versatile and perfectly complement your living room corner. When you are
- Best Onida Smart TV 43 Inch Review India 2020Reading Time: 3 minutes Avil Best Onida TV with Fire Stick In the world of modern technology and innovation, smart televisions are a great addition to any home décor and play a vital role in setting the perfect entertaining mood. We live in an age where smart televisions can do more than just playing content. The ability to connecting
- Best Sanyo 43 Inch TV Review India 2020Reading Time: 3 minutes Unlimited Entertainment with Sanyo Television India Sanyo television in India is one of the most versatile and emerging TV manufacturing brands because of delivering high-end technology featured television models that too at an affordable price. Founded in 1949, Sanyo is a Japanese Electronics Company headquartered in Osaka, Japan. They are popular for delivering high-quality products
- Best TCL 65 inch Android TV India 2020Reading Time: 3 minutes TCL Smart TV 4K LED Review In recent times, televisions are a great source of entertainment that allows you to connect various devices for watching various content like shows, movies, and playing games. Since they are the centerpiece of your living room, so they need to be special and attractive. In the market of electronic